Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Warm Pumpkin Pie Pudding

Here I go again with the pumpkin recipes. I can't help myself. I'm not even close to getting tired of pumpkin yet. The day may come, but it isn't here yet! So, I was soaking some cashews to make my roasted cashew butter, but I have to say I'm a little scared to roast anything since I burned the crap out of my last batch. So I started to wonder what it would taste like to make cashew butter from the soggy cashews. It was actually pretty good! That's when I got the bright idea to mix it with... wait for it... PUMPKIN!!! The end result was a warm pumpkiny treat with a gooey center.


Makes 1 serving

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons cashew butter
  • 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 dropper full of stevia
  • 1/2 tablespoon chopped pecans for topping

Directions:

  1. You can use store bought cashew butter or make your own. If you use store bought, warm it a little so it will mix well. To make your own, soak your cashews (I soaked a pound of cashews from Trader Joe's) in water for a few hours or over night. Drain them, then blend until you get a smooth consistency. If you need to, add a tablespoon of olive oil at a time until you get your desired consistency.
  2. Save 2 tablespoons in a ramekin and store the rest in a jar in the refrigerator.
  3. Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a ramekin until well combined.
  4. Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
  5. You can either eat cold or place in the oven (I used a convection oven) on 350 degrees for 10 minutes. You could probably warm in the microwave for ~30 seconds as well. I don't have a microwave to try that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment