Friday, October 19, 2012

Easy Meaty Dijon Greens

Have you ever had to go to lunch when you weren't hungry and then had to find something to eat? Well I had that problem and I wasn't hungry and happened to be running low on groceries. I had some ground beef, kale, and chard. Luckily, I was in the mood for something especially healthy so I threw this together. Sometimes meals that are a mish mosh of things happen to be the best! The Fitness Ninja gave it two thumbs up!




Ingredients:

  • 1 lb meat of choice (I used lean ground beef)
  • 2 tablespoons fat (I used grass-fed beef tallow from some bone broth that I made)
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1/2 bag kale (from Trader Joe's)
  • 1/2 bag rainbow chard (from Trader Joe's)
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar

Directions:

  1. In a skillet on medium heat, cook your meat and season to your liking. I tend to go toward spices with more heat so I used cayenne, paprika, basil, garlic, and black pepper.
  2. In another large skillet, melt your fat on medium high heat, then cook your onions in the fat until translucent.
  3. Toss your greens in with your onions and cook until wilted (5-10 minutes). When wilted, mix the dijon mustard and vinegar in with the greens and toss until well coated. Cover and continue cooking another 3-5 minutes.
  4. Mix the meat with the greens and EAT!
Serves: 2 hungry people - 4 regular people

* Try with any kind of greens, there are so many to choose from and they are so good for you!
* The greens cook way down so if you aren't using the bags from Trader Joe's make sure you cook enough. 1-2 large bunches chopped up should be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment