Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Steak and Spinach Salad

Often, there are days that I just don't have time to think about preparing a recipe, finding all the ingredients, then actually setting out to cook. I just stare into my refrigerator and think "what is in here that I can throw together really fast before I get angry". This came from one of those moments.

So, this isn't so much a recipe as a desperate attempt to get food into my belly as quickly as possible. It turned out delicious so I figured it was worth sharing, especially since it took less than 10 minutes to cook and throw together. That's my kind of meal!


This will serve 1 but can easily be doubled or tripled.

Ingredients:

  • 4-6 oz sirloin steak (or meat of choice)
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • 1 mandarin orange, peeled and slices pulled apart
  • 1 tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Directions:

  1. Place steak in a pan and cook to your desired doneness. I personally like mine medium.
  2. While the steak is cooking, toss the other ingredients together in a bowl until everything is coated with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
  3. When the steak is done, slice it into bite size pieces and toss with the salad.
  4. Eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment