Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Porridge

I love pumpkins!! I love them so much that I have been known to buy enough cans to last all year. I have been making different variations of this for over a year now and I think I have finally perfected it. I used to make oatmeal for breakfast regularly pre-paleo and it would leave me hungry again in just a few hours. This breakfast keeps me satisfied until lunch!

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs (preferably organic and cage free)
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 tablespoon Tahini (or any nut butter of choice)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
  • 2 tablespoons Stevia in the Raw
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons dried cranberries

Directions:

  1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until fully incorporated.
  2. Transfer the mixture to a sauce pan and heat over medium low heat until it starts looking like cottage cheese.
*My favorite toppings are a pouring some coconut milk on top with a teaspoon of shredded coconut and a sprinkling of cinnamon.

2 comments:

  1. I just made this in preparation for breakfast tomorrow (I like to be prepared so I can have a healthy breaky at work), it's delicious!! I've just started eating Paleo and it's wonderful and helpful to find blogs like yours, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, I'm glad you like it! I could eat this every day. I hope you love the Paleo lifestyle as much as I do!

      Delete