Friday, October 5, 2012

Pumpkin Cocoa

I was sitting at my kitchen table after a long day and week of working 14+ hour days in a state of delirium and I randomly wanted some hot cocoa. Then I had a moment of brilliance... pumpkin cocoa!!! My first attempt was so thick that I could only take one sip before I poured it right back in the pan to add more water. But my final attempt was pure pumpkin chocolate decadence. Mmmmmmm! It hit the spot right on. Then I passed out on the couch and didn't wake up until 10 hours later, and only then because the alarm was screaming at me to wake up.

 
 
This recipe will make 2 servings.

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
  • 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw, more or less to taste (the liquid would work as well, just taste test it to get your desired sweetness)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
  • pinch of salt

Directions:

  1. In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
  2. Reduce the heat to medium low.
  3. Whisk in the cocoa powder until dissolved and there are no lumps remaining.
  4. Add in the pumpkin, stevia, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and whisk until smooth.
  5. Add the coconut milk and salt, continue whisking until everything is incorporated.
  6. Serve in a mug and don't burn your tongue like I did!

1 comment: