Monday, October 15, 2012

Acorn Squash Breakfast Bake

This recipe has very few ingredients and is so simple to make. Simple meals happen to be my favorites because I'm a busy girl. I decided to veer a little from my recent pumpkin theme and used roasted acorn squash that I made and stored over the weekend. I'm a huge advocate of prepping food and storing it for the week ahead, this helps tremendously! For this week I made a double batch of Chocolate Chili and Thai Curry, riced two cauliflowers, roasted an acorn squash and a spaghetti squash, and made a batch of homemade Larabars. That should last me and the Fitness Ninja a few days :)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I sometimes just don't want to eat the usual eggs and bacon for breakfast. I want something that reminds me of a chilly morning with warm Fall flavors. That is when this recipe came to me. It is so good that the Fitness Ninja asked me if there was any protein in it at all! Yes there sure is! It is eggs incognito :) It tastes like a mix between a pumpkin bread and a souffle.

Sorry for the bad pic, I was in a hurry as always!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 of a roasted acorn squash (You could also use 1 can of pumpkin puree)
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 teaspoons stevia (more or less to taste)

Directions:

  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Place all of the ingredients into a blender, place the top on the blender, and blend on high until smooth (about 30 seconds).
  3. Pour into a greased baking dish (I used ~8x12x2)
  4. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly and a toothpick comes out clean.
*Tastes great alone or with a little honey drizzled over it.
I added raisins, yum!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! So simple but looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, I used the Sweet Leaf brand liquid stevia.

      Delete
    2. Awesome, that is what I have. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. Have you tried separating your eggs and beating the whites first?

    ReplyDelete