Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chocolate Sunbutter Swirl Cheesecake Bites

Life is funny sometimes. For months I was going full force at 110% with working out and accounting for every piece of food that I ate to make sure I was in top shape for my figure competition. After the competition I let myself have a few indulgences before I was ready to get right back to it for another show in June. Then a series of unfortunate circumstances set me back to a point that I haven't been able to work out for 3 weeks and might not be able to for another couple weeks. On one hand I am relieved that my body has been able to rest, but on the other I feel like I need to be going going going!

One good thing that has come out of my extra time is that I am able to write and test recipes! I have missed this so much!

My co-worker and friend, Megzilla, had a birthday recently so I decided to make her a little treat and this is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy them as much as she did :)


Ingredients:

For the crust
For the filling
  • 1 package cream cheese, softened
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw
  • 2 heaping Tbsp Sunbutter
  • 2 heaping Tbsp unsweetened cocoa

Directions:

  1. Prepare the sweet potato biscuits as normal (link is above).
  2. Keep the oven on at 350F.
  3. After biscuits are cooled, crumble 6 of them unto a bowl with the melted butter and stevia. Combine until thick and crumbly.
  4. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and ration the crust evenly (should make 12). Then press the crust firmly into the bottom of the liner with a spoon or shot glass.
  5. Place the crust in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until it starts to brown on top.
  6. While the crust is baking, cream the cream cheese with a hand mixer, then add in the yolks, coconut milk, vanilla, and stevia. Blend until very smooth, at least 2 minutes.
  7. Scoop out 1/2 cup of the filling and place in a separate bowl.
  8. In the original bowl, add the sunbutter and mix with the hand mixer until smooth.
  9. In the other bowl, add the cocoa and mix until smooth.
  10. Take the crust out of the oven when finished and let cool slightly but not all the way, about 5-10 minutes.
  11. Divide the sunbutter filling evenly between the 12 cups and spread to cover the crust.
  12. Dollop the chocolate filling on top of the sunbutter filling and create swirls with a butter knife.
  13. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
  14. Let cool before serving and store in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment