Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Recipe Round-up

I was going to try to come up with a few original recipes for Thanksgiving this year but alas, life has gotten in the way. Sometimes I wish there were just a few more hours each day to get everything done!!

So what I have done is visited a few of my favorite sites and compiled a feast of options that made my mouth water just by looking at the pictures! I'm sure they taste awesome as well or else they wouldn't be my favorite sites :) This is a tiny list compared to what is out there but I'm confident these will be great additions.


First, I'm going to start out with the turkey, what is Turkey Day without the turkey? This looks absolutely amazing! Just a few simple ingredients and the main dish is complete!

Roasted Rosemary Turkey by The Food Lovers Primal Palate




Next up will the cranberry sauce. I grew up eating the stuff from the can and thought it was the best thing in the world! I didn't want anything to do with the real thing. Looking back on it, I don't even know what I was really eating, was it really even cranberries? I have actually made this recipe and I have to say, wow, it's awesome!!

Tart Cranberry Sauce by The Food Lovers Primal Palate




 

Of course I'm going to include the one recipe I actually did convert! My poor picture looks so sad compared to these professional pics... But the taste is what matters!!

Sweet Potato Souffle





Honestly I have never tried this stuffing before but just by reading the ingredients, it looks and sounds amazing! Anything I have ever made from PaleOMG is delicious so I have perfect faith this will be as well!

Thanksgiving Stuffing by PaleOMG

stuffing1



I always thought I would miss buttery mashed potatoes and I never liked cauliflower but honestly, I can barely tell the difference between the two. I actually crave mashed cauliflower now. Here is a great recipe for it!

Mashed Cauliflower by The Clothes Make the Girl






Mmmm gravy! Nuff said :) Plus is can go on the turkey, stuffing, and mashed cauliflower!!

East Paleo Herb Gravy by Nom Nom Paleo






Brussels sprouts, in my opinion, are an acquired taste. A taste that I am still acquiring actually. They have to be cooked a certain way in order to enjoy them. This is my go to recipe and I think it would be an awesome addition to any holiday table.

Balsamic Onions and Roasted Brussels Sprouts by The Food Lovers Primal Palate






Pumpkin pie is usually the staple dessert, right? Well I'm going to do you one better.... Pumpkin Cheesecake!!! I've personally made this. I made it for Thanksgiving last year and it was a huge hit! Even my family members that aren't Paleo loved it!

Pumpkin Cheesecake by Wellness Mama


pumpkincheesecake Pumpkin Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment