Monday, November 5, 2012

Spiced Bacon

Ahhh November.... The weather is starting to cool off, there are so many holidays coming up, my birthday is this month, what isn't to like?!

A while back I decided to do the Whole30 program, which was awesome by the way... everyone should do it. So that meant bacon was off my list of items I was allowed to have, I didn't realize bacon had sugar in it until then. After ending my Whole30 I just didn't have a taste for bacon, I know I know, that's ridiculous, but true.

Something I love about being in the Paleo community is we don't just limit bacon to breakfast. It's in EVERYTHING! I tried it in muffins once, it was ok but I didn't get it crispy enough. That might be my next mission.... Or maybe I need to get started on Thanksgiving foods!

This isn't so much a recipe but an idea of how to make bacon even better! What?! Is that possible?! It is in my opinion! I like my bacon with a little kick to it. I honestly have no idea why I started doing this but I'm glad I did because it makes the bacon even more delicious!




Ingredients:

  • Bacon (as much or little as you want)
  • Cinnamon
  • Cayenne Pepper

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay your slices of bacon flat making sure they aren't overlapping each other.
  3. Sprinkle the cinnamon and cayenne pepper over the bacon. How much depends on your own taste. Remember cayenne pepper is spicy.
  4. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until crispy, about 30 minutes.
  5. When you remove it from the oven, transfer the bacon to a paper lined plate to cool off a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment