Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Hulk Buster Smoothie

I feel like I've been away forever! Please don't hate me! The Fitness Ninja is recovering from ACL surgery so I've been filling in at the gym morning and evening on top of my day job. No complaints here though because I love what I do! Although it doesn't leave much time for creating new recipes.

Update on my quest to gain weight: I lost a few pounds last month because I wasn't able to take in enough calories with my busy schedule but recently added in a ton of starches into my diet in hopes of getting my weight up. I've been given until the end of this month to gain 15 lbs or else I will be caned... I'm up to 160 and need to be at 175. Please pray for me!!

So... this is the holiday season and that means lots of yummy foods that aren't exactly diet friendly. These foods often leave me feeling very bloated and swollen and sluggish. In light of that, I have the perfect smoothie that helps get rid of the extra water retention that comes with eating less than optimal food. Now I'm not condoning eating all those holiday foods, but lets be realistic, we are all human. So if you do splurge and feel a little crappy, drink this green smoothie and you will feel loads better!




Ingredients:

  • 2 cups ice
  • 3-4 handfuls of baby spinach
  • 3 stalks celery
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 granny smith apple, quartered
  • 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
  • 1 tablespoon MCT oil (olive oil or melted coconut oil would also work)
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup water (as needed to help blend)

Directions:

  1. Wash and roughly chop the your and veggies.
  2. Place everything into your blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth. I used a Vitamix so it took about 45 seconds and was very smooth. If you don't have a high powered blender it may take a little longer.
  3. This makes approximately 2 servings so if you are not going to use it all place the remainder in a glass container in the refrigerator. Drink it within 24 hours.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have this recipe, because there are a few Christmas goodies that will get the best of me!

    ReplyDelete