Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin Coffee Creamer

Anyone that knows me knows that I need coffee to get started in the morning. I like my coffee with cream and sugar and if one of those is missing I'm an unhappy girl. On the downside, I always felt swollen and yucky for a few hours after drinking it. I switched to stevia, kept the cream, and I still felt sluggish but never associated it with the dairy until I did the Whole30 program. Apparently I am unable to tolerate dairy so I gave it up, just like that. That left me with a void to fill so I started researching dairy free coffee creamer recipes. I took what I liked from each of them and experimented to find my favorite taste combination. You may need to play with the sweetness to suit your own taste. This recipe calls for a raw egg so if you are squeamish about that then you can try it without but the purpose of the egg is to prevent separation of the coconut cream from the milk resulting in a rich cream that is the closest I have come to the real thing.

Ingredients:

  • 1 can coconut milk, full fat
  • 1 pastured egg
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tablespoons Stevia in the Raw

Directions:


  1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. About 30 seconds.
  2. Transfer to an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
  3. The creamer should thicken after sitting in the fridge overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment