Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chicken Crust Pizza

Sometimes I get a hankering for a certain food from my past way of eating and I happened to LOVE pizza. After eating the real deal I always feel swollen and yucky so I had to find another way to enjoy the tastes of pizza without the bad side effects. Making a crust for a pizza out of cauliflower or almond flour takes so much time and feels like way too many steps, especially when I'm constantly on the go so this recipe was born. This recipe does call for dairy (which I don't eat anymore) but you can omit it and it still tastes awesome! I have even substituted pesto for the marinara for a different taste.
 

Ingredients: 

  • 1 chicken breast
  • Coconut oil
  • Marinara, no sugar added
  • Green bell peppers, sliced
  • Onion, sliced
  • Spinach
  • ¼ cup feta cheese
  • Spices (garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne powder, oregano, etc.)
  • Pepperoni slices

Directions:

  1. Butterfly chicken breast then place on cutting board and cover with wax paper. Pound with meat tenderizer or rolling pin until flattened.
  2. Rub both sides with coconut oil and place on baking sheet. Broil under high heat for a minute and a half on each side.
  3. Take out of the oven and coat with marinara sauce, then layer the toppings any way you would like.
  4. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
  5. Take out of the oven and enjoy!

 
*Be creative with this, it's your pizza.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam! I saw on facebook that you were starting a blog with Paleo recipes!! I love reading blogs and I definately need some good Paleo recipes!! Good luck with the blog and I can't wait until you post more recipes :)

    ReplyDelete