Sunday, January 20, 2013

Super Woman Pancakes

Ahhh pancakes, usually your stomach and thighs worst enemy. But alas I have found a way to make them healthy and taste good too! I know I don't usually post recipes with dairy but I have found that cream cheese doesn't make me feel bad, so I'm going to go with it.

This is a very hearty recipe and fills you up fast, especially when you eat it with bacon, mmmm bacon. This is the closest I have come to mocking the taste and texture of wheat pancakes.



Makes 2 servings (Or you can be a piggy and eat the whole thing like I did, don't judge!)

Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 scoop Pro Whey protein powder, vanilla (32g)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup cream cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon coconut flour
  • dash of salt
  • Coconut oil for cooking

Directions:

  1. Melt about a teaspoon coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
  2. Combine all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a blender and blend until smooth. (I know most people say to combine wet then dry then put them together, but I haven't noticed it makes a difference in a blender and I like to make things easy)
  3. Pour half of the mixture into pan, cover with lid, and cook until little bubbles appear in the batter, then flip and cook another minute. 
  4. Repeat step 3 for the remainder.
  5. Top with some grass-fed butter and eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment