Monday, May 27, 2013

Honey Dijon Mustard


Things are finally starting to settle down in my life again and the one thing that I have been missing the most is creating new and fun recipes. The same ole fish and kale was getting pretty boring. I have to say that I'm still not opposed to eating fish or kale, just not at every meal!  There are a few things that I would love to eat at every meal though, one of those being chocolate!!!

One thing that I hate is people that don't mind their own business. I live in an apartment and have two cats and a dog. No I didn't pay the pet deposit because it is an outrageous amount of money that you don't get back. I'm not saying that having animals in an apartment without telling is completely right, but when a maintenance man reports all the animals without ever coming in the apartment (to my knowledge) or knowing if I "registered" them is so annoying. Now I have to part ways with my animals for a while. I'm going to miss my cat Buffy. She is my snuggle buddy.

As for the recipe, I made this marinade/dressing/dipping sauce that you can basically put on anything from chicken to salads to dipping veggies in it. It tastes very similar to the honey mustard at Chick-Fil-A... Not that I should know that :-/

Ingredients

  • 1 cup Coconut Cream (I used Trader Joe's)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard

Directions

  • Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
  • Refrigerate until used; up to a week.


I tossed some chicken breasts with the dijon mustard for an instant main course.


No comments:

Post a Comment